The old cemetery and its Gothic chapel
The cemetery of Guerlange is a classified old cemetery. This is where the successive churches of the village were located, the oldest dating from the 12th century.
The oldest stone crosses (beginning of the 17th century) testify to the evolution of styles in funerary art. The inscriptions are in Latin, Gothic, modern German or French.
The chapel, at the end of the cemetery, offers a set of heterogeneous elements (flamboyant Gothic, classic). On the facade there is a niche (1560) where the Holy Sacrament was displayed. Above the niche, the sun and the moon, symbols of Christ’s Resurrection and death.
Rue Saint-MartinB-6791 Guerlange (Aubange)